This is the last week to apply for Artsome Young Artist Competition, India Edition. Select 5-10 of your best works and email us the images at email@example.com along with an Artist Statement. If you want to feature on Artsome’s homepage and win exciting cash prizes then read on for full details of the competition and REGISTER NOW!
This is your last chance to enter our one-of-a-kind event and be the lucky winner!
The Artsome Young Artist Competition Indian Edition is hosted by artsome.co, an online resource for South Asian Modern and Contemporary Artists.
Artsome is a first of its kind endeavour to attempt to fulfil the lack of education and exposure to art in South Asia. It is an online portal that houses all relevant and researched information on South Asian Modern and Contemporary Artists. It is designed to fill the need for accessible knowledge on the region’s art and is dedicated to taking art beyond a niche audience.
The Artsome Team consists of young researchers, artists and enthusiasts from art history backgrounds. We are introducing this competition to identify and encourage young artists in the country and to help promote them and their works.
To visit our website go to www.artsome.co.
The Young Artist Competition is meant for upcoming artists in India who are recent graduates or are currently pursuing degrees in Fine Arts. The lucky winner will get a chance to showcase ONE of his/her works on Artsome’sHomepage and on our Facebook Page’s Cover Photo for an ENTIRE FORTNIGHT. Apart from enticing cash prize awards, we will also feature the Winner and 2 Runner-ups on our Blog as well as promote them on social media platforms.
Come feature on our Website and win exciting cash prizes!
- Images of 7-10 original artworks of all participants should reach the Artsome Team via e- mail or by post on/before 15th June, 2014.
- All winners will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as the positions are announced on our website.
1st Prize: Rs. 10,000 cash and award certificate. The winning work will be displayed on Artsome’s Homepage, Facebook and Twitter Page.
2nd Prize: Rs. 7,000 cash and award certificate.
3rd Prize: Rs. 5,000 cash and award certificate.
The Winner will be given a full feature on Artsome’sblog which will be circulated to almost 3000 subscribers via our bi-monthly Newsletter! All three winners will be featured on Artsome’s blog and promoted on our social media platforms.
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings.
- Must be currently pursuing BFA/MFA in India or recent graduates of the same.
- Contestants must be Indian.
- Guidelines and Requirements
- Contestants may submit images of complete and catalogued works.
- Each contestant is allowed to submit 7-10 images.
- Each contestant must provide an updated CV.
- Medium: Paintings made in traditional as well as contemporary methods. Mixed mediums are allowed as long as they are 2D.
- Images to be submitted must be High Resolution and showing only the artwork and no other objects/frames/persons. Image must also be taken against a clear background.
- Image details:
Resolution: 72 ppi
File size: Not more than 5 MB per image
- Each contestant must provide an Artist Statement of 500 words explaining his artworks, style and medium/s used.
- Artworks must be Original.
- All artworks should bear an appropriate Title, Date/Year of Creation.
- Send us an email requesting to register for the competition at email@example.com with the attached photographs and supporting documents. You will be sent a confirmation email by the Artsome Team soon after to make it official.
- You may also Post the images with an appropriate Covering Letter to the following address:
Educate ArtsomePvt. Ltd,
339, F.I.E., Patparganj, Delhi – 110092, India.
T: +91-11-22167777, F: 011-22133710
Deadline for registrations is 15th June, 2014. Participants registering via email may send their works up until 12:00 am (GMT+5:30) on the 15th.
The Artsome Team must receive the complete application information from a contestant before the deadline in order to be considered.
- All Artworks submitted are considered as properties of the organizer & no claim shall be entertained by any participants for the artworks submitted at ‘Artsome Young Artist Competition’.
- By submitting Materials to Organizer, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to Educate ArtsomePvt. Ltd. free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.