Love is a universal theme celebrated in art since the beginning of time. This Valentines day Artsome brings you our selection of ten best kisses from the history of Art.
1. Gustav Klimt, The Kiss, 1907-08, oil painting with gilded gold leaf.
2. Rene Magritte, The Lovers, 1928, oil on canvas.
3. Frank Bernard Dicksee, Romeo and Juliet, 1884, oil painting.
4. Roy Lichtentein, Kiss II, 1962.
5. Banksy, The Kissing Coppers, 2004, street art in Brighton, England.
6. Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, In Bed the Kiss, 1892, oil painting.
7. Kitagawa Utamaro, Ten Types in the Physiognomic Study of Women, 1792-3, color woodblock print with white mica ground.
8. Nishikawa Sukenobu, Sexual Dalliance between man and geisha, 1711-16, hand coloured woodblock print.
9. Auguste Rodin, The Kiss, 1889, marble sculpture.
10. Constantin Brancusi, The Kiss, 1907-08, plaster sculpture.